A popular product from Makita, the MAC2400 air compressor, promises to be another excellent addition to the brand line. Running on 2.5 HP, this product offers a host of features to temp most buyers.
Weighing at 81 pounds with measurements of 20 by 18 by 18.8 inches, the product is at least small enough to occupy little space in the garage.
At first look, the 2.5 HP is already an excellent starting point for buyers. This reveals a fairly high power capacity, making the air compressor ideal for industrial use.
Combined with the excellent reputation of the manufacturer, first impressions on this product are more than promising. Just looking at the obvious features of the air compressor, we are giving this model a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
2.5 Horse Power
Even with the 2.5 HP, this air compressor manages to work without making too much noise.
Perfect for industrial use, the product is capable of providing continuous and reliable power, thanks to the excellent manufacturing and quality checked.
The ease of use combined with the impressive power bank of the air compressor ensures quick air production, totaling at 4.2 CFM at 90 psi. For industrial workers, this translates to fast results and a productive working environment. (Compare with MAC700)
Big Bore Engineered Pump
The Big Bore Engineered Pump is one of the most outstanding features of this model, providing both durability and reliability for its users.
The pump itself comes with a cast-iron cylinder meant to last for years with little need for maintenance. The pump also facilitates increased compression and enough air power to support two nailers.
Oil-lubricated, the pump manages to work more at less than the capacity needed, ensuring a longer and more durable life span. The cast iron further enhances the life span of the product, allowing it to work in harsh job conditions without lowering the quality of its results.
Designed for easy yet efficient use, the Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor comes with an oil sight glass, allowing users to easily tell if a replacement is needed. It is engineered for easy maintenance, hence the simple oil-drain function combined with a tank drain valve. With the combination of these features, Makita creates a no-nonsense air compressor operation.
See popular post
Pros of the Product
- Powerful 2.5 HP power accommodates all types of connections necessary to finish a job.
- Utilizes a cast iron pump, specially designed for quick recovery, allowing users to make the most out of using the product.
- RPM is low compared to other air compressors. Running at just 79 decibels, this means that users do not have to worry about ruining their hearing with the noise.
- The low AMP of the air compressor limits the possibility of tripper breakers.
- Excellent product casing keeps it workable even when placed in a harsh working environment.
- The finned discharge tubing of the product allows for quick release of heat, preventing the item from running on high temperature.
- The product comes with a comprehensive warranty, providing buyers a refund or replacement within 30 days of purchase. Any part and tool problems are also backed up by a 1-year warranty.
- Upon purchase, you also get a ¼” universal quick coupler and oil.
Customers Reviews and Feedback
Reviews and feedback for the product have definitely been impressive. In Amazon alone, there were more than 341 reviews from trusted buyers with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Many of the buyers have noted the excellent airflow of the compressor combined with a quick recovery. There were also comments on how quiet it was during the operation.
Cons of the Product
Although a good product all around, the Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor still received a few negative feedbacks from buyers. According to one user, the startup instructions were a little vague and may require clearing up. Still, the buyer was able to use the product after a few minutes of trying to figure out the instructions.
To wrap it up, the Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor confirms all the preconceived notions we have had at the start of this review. With a combination of power and efficiency, it is not surprising that the model is getting excellent reviews from buyers everywhere. Currently available online, the Makita is further made attractive by its reasonable price tag